General Tso Chicken and Cauliflower Fried "Rice"




I have been celebrating my birthday all week. Yesterday was officially my birthday and I had so much fun going to a delicious Indian restaurant with my mom and watching a whole season of Downton Abbey with my boyfriend. It was such a nice day.

Well I have been missing Chinese food and I found an absolutely awesome recipe for General Tso Chicken. I hate frying foods as I used to burn them or not cook things like chicken all the way through but burn the outside. I finally got frying foods best friend, a thermometer.  So if you do not have one and want to make this, I would suggest you do as knowing what temperature the chicken is. Ok, it tastes just like take out but it is gluten free and no bad additives in the sauce. This chicken goes so well with cauliflower fried "rice".

What I loved about this recipe was how easy it was. Just marinate the chicken in an egg white marinade and then add to a bowl of tapioca flour etc and then fry! The sauce is easy to make as well. I would suggest doubling the sauce recipe.

I found this wonderful recipe at Jan's Sushi Bar Blog. You can find the General Tso Chicken recipe here.




I did not get a chance to take pics of the Cauliflower Fried "Rice" but I will share my rendition of the recipe.
I like to do things the easy way and if I can add everything to my blender or food processor, I will. So I did and takes so much chopping out the way!

Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Servings: About 3



Ingrediants:
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 head of cauliflower- stems removed
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 teaspoons of minced ginger
1 medium onion- quartered
1 cup of carrots- coarsely chopped
3 green onions- sliced
3 eggs- mixed

Instructions:
Add oil to pan and let it melt.
Add cauliflower, onion, and carrots to food processor or blender and pulse until everything is very coarsely chopped. The cauliflower will want to look like rice.
Add the veggies to the pan and saute.
Add the soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
When nearly tender add the eggs and mix in pan to scramble.
Cook until tender.
Top with sliced green onions.

Hope you enjoy both recipes!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Stalkerville My Gallery Badge

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogger templates