Cold weather = warm soup and bread

It has been pretty cold over here and it was snowing the other day, so which means a craving for grilled cheese and tomato soup. Well I can't have normal bread (or cow cheese for that matter) and I have not found a great recipe until NOW! I am super excited about sharing this. I tried to make tomato soup. While it had a nice flavor, C and I decided it best suited as tomato sauce. :( I figured out a different recipe but I will make that for a different blustery cold day as many will be coming soon anyway. So instead I will review and share the bread recipe with a couple alterations I made.


Isn't this lovely? I mean c'mon, it looks like whole wheat bread. To me the bread was kind of sweet and was dense but it was nice to have with some olive butter and some jam. I did make a BLT out of it and it was just kinda weird. I did make grilled cheese, I used goat cheddar cheese, and it was pretty good. It did not toast the greatest though. I think this bread would be best for jam and nut butter, jam and butter, and possibly a turkey type of sandwich as the bread is kind of sweet. The bread cuts wonderfully.

I found this recipe from Paleo Guilty Kitchen Blog. Here is the link to the original bread recipe here.

My bread did not rise as much as hers but I did make a couple of alterations. Instead of ground flax seed I used chia meal. I love chia seeds and I think they are a great source of nutrition. Here's a link of all of the great benefits chia seeds have to offer. Chia seeds are increasing in popularity and can be found at local health food stores and some supermarkets. I bought ground chia seeds and I was only able to find ground there. I have found in some cases that flax seeds and chia seeds can be used interchangeably, I just prefer to use chia seeds. I did use store bought almond butter as she recommends making your own, I am not sure my basic ninja blender could handle it. I have not tried making my own butters as of yet.


Doesn't that look delicious? Well it was! Hope you are able to make this soon. Here's a link to the original recipe from the Paleo Guilty Kitchen Blog.




4 comments:

  1. All I can say is it has a total yum factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a true fall winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Chia seeds are so good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Stalkerville My Gallery Badge

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogger templates