Sweet and Smokey Oven Baked BBQ Ribs

Hello everyone! Hope you all have been doing well. I have been enjoying Winter break from my college classes and spending time with my family and friends celebrating the holidays. I should have posted some baking recipes but lately some of them have been a disaster. I guess we all live and learn. I did find a pretty awesome recipe for coconut flour based "sugar" cookies.
Well it has been quite snowy here and C and I have been craving BBQ. Grilling is out the question because of were we live, I had to improvise. Those of you that can grill, especially year around, be grateful :).  C loves ribs, well why not bake them?! These ribs are pretty awesome. When shopping for these, we go through nearly every single package making sure they have a lot of meat on them and are marbled nicely. We have been pretty lucky so far for the most part. These ribs are so easy to make which makes them more appealing, to me anyway ;).

Don't these look delicious?! These are especially awesome with a potato salad that I concocted. I will post that recipe within the next few days, so keep an eye out because it is the BEST. 
Alright are you ready for some BBQ?!

Pick out a nice rack of baby back pork ribs. Rinse off and pat dry.

Now add a dry rub. This time I actually bought a rub from a local spice shop. I hardly ever measure spices but when I make it I add a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, brown sugar, liquid smoke, smokey paprika, and a pinch of chipotle pepper. Now massage those spices in there!

Wrap your ribs in foil, meaty side down, and place in an oven at 250 F for about 2 hours. During this time you could make some sides like that potato salad I am going to post soon or some coleslaw with sweet potato tater tots. Yum!

Now take out, drain all the juices, flip to bone side down, up your oven to 350 F and starting applying the BBQ sauce. I applied a layer of BBQ sauce every 8 minutes about 4 or 5 times. Homemade BBQ sauce is probably the best but I like these two sauces if I am in a pinch (Weber's Original) Here's a recipe that I have used for homemade BBQ Sauce here, I would suggest instead of brown sugar using coconut sugar or even honey and sub the cornstarch for tapioca flour.


This the finished product! 

Sweet and Smokey Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
Cooking time:  2 hours and 40 minutes
Servings: about 5 servings

Ingredients:
Rack of baby back ribs
Rub of your choice or a make a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, brown sugar, liquid smoke, smokey paprika, and a pinch of chipotle pepper. 
BBQ sauce- homemade is preferred, recipe here!

Cooking Instructions:
Rinse rack of ribs and pat dry.
Apply rub.
Cover with foil meat side down and put on a cookie sheet.
Cook at 250 F for 2 hours.
Drain juices carefully! It's hot!
Increase temperature to 350 F.
Apply a layer of BBQ sauce and cook for 8 minutes. Repeat this step four to five times. 
Cut and enjoy!



Hope you all will enjoy this recipe, especially if you are snowed in and want some summer inside the kitchen!! Please leave comments to let me know how you liked it or with suggestions or thoughts. Hope you all have a Happy New Year if you don't hear from me before than!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Stalkerville My Gallery Badge

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogger templates