Hello everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the last day of the weekend. Since it has been so cool outside, I have been craving soup. I was inspired to make this soup that was based on an Olive Garden soup. Well this is a whole lot better for you than the soup from there and it is so easy to make and delicious, the drive to Olive Garden would be more work. So let's get to cooking and then we shall eat!
Then add your kale and cook for a couple of minutes so it can wilt. Add your can of coconut milk and simmer. Then add your sausage and bacon. At this point I added some sage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Yield: 5-6 1.5 cup servings
- · 1 lb. ground sausage
- · 8 slices of thick cut bacon
- · 2 sweet potatoes- peeled and cubed
- · 1 medium onion- diced
- · 1 cup of mushrooms- sliced
- · 4-5 cups of kale- chopped
- · 5 cups of water
- · 2 cups of chicken stock
- · 1 can of coconut milk or 1 1/2 c of milk of your choice
- · 1 Tbs. of garlic powder
- · Salt and pepper
2. Chop up your bacon and add that to your sausage when it is mostly browned or you can cook in a separate pan. When cooked, take off of heat and drain.
3. Add your veggies (onions, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes) to the 5 cups of water and 2 cups of chicken stock. Let that cook for 10 minutes while simmering then check the softness of the sweet potatoes.
4. Then add your kale and cook for a couple of minutes so it can wilt.
5. Add your can of coconut milk (or choice of milk) and simmer.
6. Then add your sausage and bacon.
7. At this point I added some sage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.