Lump Crab Stuffed Salmon Fillets and 21 DSD- Day 2

Day 2 of 21 DSD: So far so good. We have been craving some sugary drinks but I was able to get some stevia sweetened pop for an occasional treat so I think that helped. For dinner last night made this incredible meal.

I have been craving seafood and C just found out that he loves crab. I keep seeing at the store these delicious looking already made meals of crab stuffed salmon but I am never impressed with the list of ingredients that are in it. I really wonder how they come with compilation of some much nasty stuff. 

Well I thought I would make some myself and hope for the best with a lot fewer ingredients this time. :) I found some great green beans from the market and quartered some lemons to give this meal some delicious acidity. (Sorry for the quality of the photos :( )





When they came out of the oven, I was so happy they turned out and they look so fabulous. There is no way that we could afford a meal like this at a restaurant that would taste this good so I was so thrilled when it turned out.

I cut about a pound and half of salmon into four fillets and removed the skin. Then in the middle cut a slit into the fish and spread it so I could scoop the filling into it. Put the filling in at baked it at 350 for 20 minutes. 


Lump Crab Stuffed Salmon Fillets

Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
 
  • 1.5 lbs of wild caught salmon- cut into 4 fillets (about 1.5 in. wide and butterflied in the middle)


Filling:
  • 6 oz can or fresh lump crab-drained
  • 1/2 cup of homemade mayo
  • 1/2 of a small onion-diced finely
  • 1 teaspoon of dill
  • 3 small cloves of garlic-minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika-sprinkled on the top
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste


Directions: 
1. Prepare salmon fillets and preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Drain crab meat if using canned.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together except the paprika.
4. Even spoon 4 portions of filling into the middle of the fillet.
5. Push filling in gently and spread as desired.
6. Cook for about 20 minutes in the oven. 
7. Quarter some lemons to squeeze over the cooked fish.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Stalkerville My Gallery Badge

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogger templates