Ideas for Prepping Your Healthy Thanksgiving Menu!



Hello all! What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Making a big turkey? Leaving that for someone else to cook? Well I am not sure what exactly I am cooking for Thanksgiving but I have accumulated a list of recipes that I certainly want to try. I thought that I would share these recipes with you in case you are looking for something new or a substitute for a certain recipe. I know I am looking to try a healthier version of the green bean casserole. Yea I know legumes are not necessarily Paleo but c'mon it's Thanksgiving. The maple pecan pie filling that I posted is absolutely lovely and does not use refined sugars. Alright so let's get sharing!

Beverages and Appetizers- Ideas and sites

Soda water with lemon and lime juice mixed with cranberry juice
Apple cider in a slow cooker with cinnamon and some cloves

The Main Course
Turkey from the Primal Palate
Spinach and Cranberry Stuffed Pork Tenderloin by DJ Foodie


Sides
Apple-Cranberry Holiday Stuffing from the AutoImmune Paleo
Sugarless Cranberry Sauce by Wellness Mama
Gravy by Holistic Squid- this could be awesome over mashed cauliflower ( just boil, mash with some butter or coconut oil, season, and bam! low carb mash)  
Sweet Potato Casserole by Wellness Mama - I love how there's a marshmallow topping recipe with it too!
Grain Free Stuffing from Wellness Mama
Healthy Green Been Casserole from Wellness Mama

Desserts
Cranberry Crumb Bars with Pecans and Rosemary by Real Food Kosher
Apple Cider Doughnuts from Paleo Spirit- Super yum dipped in apple cider!
Pumpkin Pie from Comfy Belly
Pecan Pie Filling 
Pumpkin Bars by Beauty and the Foody- boyfriend approved :)
Cranberry Orange Muffins by Healthy Living How To
Pumpkin Roll from Primally Inspired
Xylitol syrup- well I like honey and maple syrup, I sometimes try to keep it low carb by using Xylitol made from birch trees, here's a recipe that can be used as a substitute for maple syrup or honey without the aftertaste.

Leftovers
Chicken Artichoke Salad- while the recipe is with chicken, I am sure that leftover turkey would be delicious! Maybe add some cranberries! Yum!
My Creamy Kale Soup- Instead of sausage put in leftover turkey!

Well I hope this list was helpful and found some inspirations for your own Thanksgiving menu. Please share any recipes or ideas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Stalkerville My Gallery Badge

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogger templates